away / together
It's the once-a-year chance to be away together ... enjoying each other + growing with God together.
Here's what people loved about last year:
- It was an awesome weekend. So many Sundays all squeezed into 2 days!! Was good to get to know people more deeply.
- I loved having the kids looked after and being given a block of time to sit and think about the Bible.
- Focussed teaching, relaxed, and an amazing way to consolidate old and make new friendships
- I enjoyed the free time - going for a walk and getting to know new people. Having the time to talk.
Josh Apieczonek is our speaker for the weekend. Josh and Susannah have spent the last three years in Paris, training school and university students to serve Christ in post-Christian France - while raising three little people. Josh will be speaking on the biting, funny, satirical book of the Bible called Jonah - as well as sharing wild theories about what serving Jesus will look like in post-Christian Australia.
Dates: May 18-20
Venue: Wollongong Surf Leisure Centre, about 1.5hrs drive. Activities include the beach, playground, mini-golf, heated pool, tennis courts, table tennis and a 26km bike track.
- Friday night - arrive as soon as you can (pub dinner across the road from ~5.30-7.30). When you arrive, there'll be a Welcome Supper in the new 'Hub', to help you relax and settle in.
- Saturday - breakfast in the dining room, 9.15-12.30 session time (bible, praise and stories, with full kids program), and after lunch you can choose to bike, swim, play mini golf, or head to a cafe with friends. We'll have some 'all in' time before dinner and some Saturday night chill time.
- Sunday - breakfast, session time, and head home
Kids' programme: Mark and his team are running a full kids programme, from 9.15-12.30 on both Saturday and Sunday!
Rego window: Registration is open Tuesday 10th April until Sunday 6th May.
Cost = Rego Cost + Accommodation Cost. There is both a registration cost AND an accommodation cost - see below. There's options for varying budgets, and you can share to keep costs down. If you can't afford to register below and then receive a subsidy, please speak to Dave or to Ash in the office and we'll see how we can help.
Single / Dating / Engaged? Just add the 'SHARE' accommodation item to the cart (see below), and we'll help you organise accommodation.
Part-time? To make the most of the community time, we hope you'll plan to come full-time. We know that's just not possible for some people so we'd love you to come for a night (part-time accommodation will be available from Mon 24th April) or for a day visit (choose Rego - Adult and select the meals you need for the Saturday).
PLEASE NOTE: there will only be a 9.15AM gathering (and no 4PM gathering) in Clovelly on Sunday 20th May.
For any other questions, please contact Dave on firstname.lastname@example.org
Register - Step 1 - Rego cost
For each person in your booking, click add to cart. Then head to step 2 for accommodation.
register - step 2 - ACCOMMODATION COST
Please select your preferred accommodation and 'Add to Cart'. Please book early, as we only have limited quantities of each type of room.
There is also a large 2br Terrace available (but not here) - if you'd like this room and were happy for us to run creche in the mornings in it, email email@example.com and we'll give you a discount!
Then check for step 3 and 'Checkout'.
extras - DIETARY NEEDS + SUBSIDIES
1/ There is no extra cost for meal variations. To let us (and the chef) know your dietary requirements, please add the item to your cart ONCE and enter dietary needs for ALL people in your booking.
2/ If you'd like to subsidise those who will find it harder to afford, please add a subsidy to your cart.
Step 3 - Checkout
After you've paid, you'll receive an automated confirmation email. (If there's any special notes, Ash in our office will be in touch). Prior to the weekend, we'll get you a full programme and what to bring.
If you don't have a credit card, then please use the cart to work out your total and speak to Ash in the office about making an electronic bank transfer to the church account.