away / together
It's the once-a-year chance to be away together ... enjoying each other + growing with God together.
Here's what people loved about last year:
- It was an awesome weekend. So many Sundays all squeezed into 2 days!! Was good to get to know people more deeply.
- I loved having the kids looked after and being given a block of time to sit and think about the Bible.
- Focussed teaching, relaxed, and an amazing way to consolidate old and make new friendships
- I enjoyed the free time - going for a walk and getting to know new people. Having the time to talk.
Josh Apieczonek is our speaker for the weekend. Josh and Susannah have spent the last three years in Paris, training school and university students to serve Christ in post-Christian France - while raising three little people. Josh will be speaking on the biting, funny, satirical book of the Bible called Jonah - as well as sharing wild theories about what serving Jesus will look like in post-Christian Australia.
Dates: May 18-20
Venue: Wollongong Surf Leisure Centre, about 1.5hrs drive. Activities include the beach, playground, mini-golf, heated pool, tennis courts, table tennis and a 26km bike track.
- Friday night - arrive as soon as you can. There's pub dinner across the road from approx 5.30-7.30. And there's a welcome supper from 8.15pm in the new 'Hub' (more info once you've registered).
- Saturday - breakfast in the dining room, 9.15-12.30 session time (bible, songs, stories - with full kids program). After lunch you can choose to bike, swim, play mini golf, or head to a cafe with friends. We'll have some 'all in' time before dinner and a few options to chill out on Saturday night.
- Sunday - breakfast, session time, and head home
Kids' programme: Mark and his team are running a full kids programme, from 9.15-12.30 on both Saturday and Sunday!
Rego window: Registration is open Tuesday 10th April until Sunday 6th May.
Cost = Rego Cost + Accommodation Cost. There is both a registration cost AND an accommodation cost - see below. There's options for varying budgets, and you can share to keep costs down. If you can't afford to register below and then receive a subsidy, please speak to Dave or to Ash in the office and we'll see how we can help.
Single / Dating / Engaged? Just add the 'SHARE' accommodation item to the cart (see below), and we'll help you organise accommodation with some friends.
Part-time? To make the most of the community time, we hope you'll plan to come full-time. We know that's just not possible for some people so we'd love you to come for a night (part-time accommodation will be available from Tues 24th April) or for a day visit (choose Rego - Adult and select the meals you need for the Saturday).
PLEASE NOTE: there will only be a 9.15AM gathering (and no 4PM gathering) in Clovelly on Sunday 20th May.
For any other questions, please contact Dave on firstname.lastname@example.org
REGISTRATION OPENS TUES 10 APRIL - 8PM
Prior to registration opening, you can look at the different types of units/cabins at Wollongong Surf Leisure Resort here.