getaway ... to re:connect
Our church weekend is a once-a-year chance to GETAWAY and to RE:CONNECT, with each other and with God. What makes it so great? Here's what people loved about last year:
- Loved meeting new people, spending time together over meals and a drink. It's a great weekend.
- Bonfire on the beach getting to know others.
- The organisation was fantastic. Especially the way the kids are looked after all morning which gives adults plenty of fellowship time.
- Singing and praying and having time to chat to different people.
- Fellowship with many people and encouraging conversations.
Rory Shiner will be speaking on Saturday and Sunday mornings about the Holy Spirit. He studied English and Anthropology at UWA and, as a consequence, has mainly worked in cafes & kebab shops. He is now pastor of Providence church in Perth, husband to Susan, father of four boys, author (link) & speaker. Rory is convenor of the Arts + Culture channel on the Gospel Coalition Australian website, and debated scientist & atheist Lawrence Krauss in 2013.
Dates: May 19-21
Venue: Wollongong Surf Leisure Centre, about 1.5hrs drive. Activities include the beach, playground, mini-golf, heated pool, tennis courts, table tennis and a 26km bike track.
- Friday night - arrive as soon as you can. For those able, we'll do a pub dinner from 6pm across the road. For those coming later, when you arrive you'll find us in our conference room 'hub' from 7.30, with a brief session at 8.30 to meet Rory.
- Saturday - breakfast in the dining room, 9.15-12.30 session time (bible, praise and stories, with full kids program), and after lunch you can choose to bike, swim, play mini golf, or head to a cafe with friends. We'll have some 'all in' time before dinner and some Saturday night chill time.
- Sunday - breakfast, session time, and head home
Kids' programme: Mark and his team are running a full kids programme, from 9.15-12.30 on both Saturday and Sunday!
Rego window: Registration is open Monday 10th April until Sunday 7th May.
Cost = Rego Cost + Accommodation Cost. There is both a registration cost AND an accommodation cost - see below. There's options for varying budgets, and you can share to keep costs down. If you can't afford to register below and then receive a subsidy, please speak to Danka in the office and we'll see how we can help.
Single / Dating / Engaged? You can either chat to a friend and book a room together, or if you'd like to share and need some help organising, just add the "SHARE" item to your cart (free) and we'll get in touch to help you organise something.
Part-time? To make the most of the community time, we hope you'll plan to come full-time. We know that's just not possible for some people so we'd love you to come for a night (part-time accommodation will be available from Mon 24th April) or for a day visit (choose Rego - Adult and select the meals you need for the Saturday). PLEASE NOTE: there will only be a 9.15AM gathering (and no 4PM gathering) in Clovelly on Sunday 21st May.
For any other questions, please contact Danka in the office during her working hours - see here.
Register - Step 1 - Rego cost
For each person in your booking, click add to cart. Then head to step 2 for accommodation.
register - step 2 - ACCOMMODATION COST
Please select your preferred accommodation and 'Add to Cart'. Please book early, as we only have limited quantities of each type of room.
Then check for step 3 and 'Checkout'.
EXTRAS - MEAL VARIATIONS + SUBSIDIES
If you have any special dietary requirements, please add the required number of main meals (the site has additional costs). When you do, you can indicate what your food requirements are.
If you'd like to subsidise those who will find it harder to afford, please add a subsidy to your cart.
Step 3 - Checkout
After you've paid, you'll receive an automated confirmation email. (If there's any special notes, Danka will be in touch). Prior to the weekend, we'll get you a full programme and what to bring.
If you don't have a credit card, then please use the cart to work out your total and speak to Danka in the office about making an electronic bank transfer to the church account.