Congratulations – it’s wonderful you’re getting married and are interested in celebrating your wedding at St Luke’s!
We want to do all we can to ensure your marriage will be full of joy, delight and determination. Here's some quick info:
- Weddings at St Luke’s usually go for about 40 minutes, but you should allow one hour.
- The church seats 100 easily, and up to 160 at a squeeze.
- You can only bring your own minister if they are ordained in the Anglican church, and only after permission from our Minister.
- The minister isn’t expecting to be invited to the reception.
- The wedding is a Christian service, so all readings are taken from the Bible. Other readings from poems, plays or novels could be included at your reception.
- We are committed to investing in your marriage, so we will strongly encourage you to do a marriage preparation course with us.
To enquire about having your wedding at St Luke’s, please complete this enquiry form.
If your preferred date is available, we'll pencil it in and get back to you to confirm. After that, please come along to church one Sunday at one of our gatherings and introduce yourself to Dave - and we'll make a time to talk in more depth. At that first meeting, we'll discuss your wedding, details, and documentation required to be married in Australia. At this stage, you'll need to pay a deposit of $150. You'll meet with the minister a few more times to plan the ceremony, do some marriage preparation (using the PREPARE course), and have a rehearsal if required.